Thursday 24 May 2012

Dotty Background Tutorial

Hello Everyone, over the next few weeks I will be showing you how to create some lovely backgrounds with your Spectrum Noirs,
This background is one I use a lot, it's so easy to do,

Here we go, I suggest that the first time you try you do the background before you colour your image, just in case, you make a mistake,
Use the thin nib end of your pen and hold upright so you get a nice fine dot every time, 
also just dot the pen down on the paper, don't hold it there as you will get a larger dot and too much colour,
Take a really pale grey I used IG1, for my first layer i work in a five dot pattern, 3 close to to my image and two out a little further,


It is really pale at the moment, but you will build up the layers, continue all the way around your image until you are back to where you started


In this next layer i used my IG3 and worked in a three dot pattern,
two near the image and one out a bit further


Once again continue all around your image until you are back where you started


The last stage of the grey is with IG5 i work in a three dot pattern two very near the image and one out further but not too far


Go all around your image as before,
Sometime I like to leave it here, it depends on my image and the colours I have used,
But you can also pick out one colour in your image and add that in too


I know i'm going to colour her in pink so I have picked out a CR3, I do random dots around my image 



Happy colouring every one, go and give it a try,
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great tutorial Suzanne.
    I have not tried this background and it looks fab.
    Hugs Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete